Monday, May 11, 2009

"Poetry" (Inspired By Neruda)

One night she came for me.
Silently.
No scrolls packed or ready-just science books and leftover math tablets-all at once.
Her arms flailing and wide open as she screamed my name.
Pledging me to forsake all others and have her-only her way.
This is a journey she said.
A path chosen.
Who chose it, I said.
You, she said.
By birth- by nature.
What if i'm not ready, I said.
Readiness, is no factor she said.
Only your life and heart.
What is more important I asked.
My life or my heart.
All of it she said.
Franticly I exclaimed, what am I to do?
Breathe she said.


MILESIGO

2 comments:

  1. looks like costa rica is bringing out the best in you. keep breathing!

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you can write poetry! You'll need the spiritual savor to survive the play of Kobe Bryant.

    ReplyDelete